Sign-Up Sheets for the Computer-Competency Exam are Ready!
Students who have not yet taken the computer exam may sign up for appointments on
· Tuesdays at 7:00pm,
· Wednesdays at 7:00pm, or
· Fridays at 11:00am
Test sessions are limited to 6 students, so be sure to come by and choose a date soon. Sign-ups are posted opposite the TLC door, on the wall just outside Bertrand 109.
From Career Services
Title: Marketing/Public Relations Intern
Description: Requirements/Skills: Public relations interns will be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university public relations, marketing, advertising or other related program. Current students will preferably have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic public relations writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic media relations skills, an ability to interact professionally with clients, and good judgment. A working knowledge of computers, as well as word processing and database management software is necessary. The public relations intern will be mentored by the President and public relations manager. The public relations manager will help the intern prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Interns will work schedule will be flexible based on time requirements, but no less than 10-15 a week. Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Some Responsibilities: We are looking for a non paid intern to work with us on a wide variety of client projects.
• Drafts basic public relations materials including press releases, media alerts, newsletters, press kits, status reports and other materials as directed.
• Carries out special and media event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the public relations manager.
• Attends and participates in client meetings, media training sessions presentations, and brainstorming sessions as directed.
• Assists with the development and updating of media lists and other databases, including client, marketing, prospect and administrative databases. Other tasks include database creation, data entry and update additions and corrections. The intern will provide data output in the form of letters, e-mail lists, data lists and other reports as requested.
• Assists with the distribution of client information/materials or the agency’s marketing materials. Also ensures completeness and accuracy of information and assists with the management of destination lists, and coordination of e-mail, mailing or broadcast activities. In addition, conducts appropriate follow up when necessary.
• Assists with the management of outside vendors to successfully complete outside work, including, but not limited to printing of materials, renting of audio/visual equipment, photography, graphic arts services or supplying needed products.
• Assists agency staff with other client, business development and agency management projects as needed. Is creative, thinks “out of the box” and has fun!
Applications Accepted Until:Oct 28, 2009
Default Email For Resumes
Contact InformationLicenZing LLC10 Mahogany DriveSan Rafael, California 94903United Statesmanager@licenzing.com(415) 507-1596
For Those Interested in Marketing
Even in an era of economic turmoil, budget cuts (business and personal), price sensitivity, and massive layoffs, the short answer to this question is an emphatic "No." In this one-hour session, we will examine the current state of the Customer Satisfaction/Loyalty discipline in business today including how it has evolved over time and where it’s heading. We will discuss a framework for understanding the critical factors that create and enhance Customer Loyalty in both B2C and B2B environments:
- Understanding and managing customer experiences
- The role of rational and emotional motivations
- How building and maintaining trust creates emotional bonds with customers
- Employing multiple customer listening posts to measure and model customer insights
- Developing and maintaining organizational capabilities to effective manage CL and CEM initiatives
- Leadership competencies
- Innovation competencies
- Integration & embedment
- Continuous learning and knowledge management